Smart DNS Proxy is an advanced form of technology that allows internets users in different parts of the world, to unblock geo-blocked or geo-restricted websites such as Hulu, Netflix, BBC, WWE Network, and many other popular websites that contain regional-restricted content. It works by changing the DNS on your device, especially when you are trying to access content geo-restricted sites.
A smart DNS reroutes your data via a dedicated proxy server located in a country where the website you want to access content is located. Therefore, you will appear as if you are in that country where viewing is allowed.
For example, if you are living in Asia, you would not be able to stream TV shows and movies from Netflix, using normal proxy servers. However, with a smart DNS, all that is possible. Your IP address will appear as if you are in the U.S., which enables you to stream the content.
Smart DNS over VPN
As previously highlighted, a smart DNS proxy enables you to unblock certain American websites, which are blocked to users outside the U.S. In addition to that, you can also open an online bank account from any part of the world, and perform your transactions, without any worry.
In short, a smart DNS proxy gives you unrestricted access to online content from any geographical location. All you have to do is to subscribe to a service, paid the agreed fee and start enjoying the hidden global content, straight from your geographical location.
Some people would argue that a VPN would serve the same purpose. Well, that is very true. A VPN can also serve the same purpose. However, it comes with certain setbacks. That is why many people are choosing Smart DNS over VPN. For example:
– A VPN requires you to install software on your device, before you can use the service. On the other hand, a smart DNS proxy only requires you to change the DNS of your device and you are good to go.
– VPN slows down your internet connection significantly. Therefore, even if you unlock content from these sites, you will not be able to watch in peace, due to the annoying slow internet speeds. On the other hand, smart DNS proxy is fast and smooth. It allows you to enjoy the content in real time. Those slow loading and buffering times are a forgotten fact when you are using smart DNS proxy.
– Furthermore, you can use smart DNS on almost any device in your home or office such as iPad, PC, Mac, Xbox, Router, PS4, and Android devices. On the contrary, a VPN may not work on all devices.
Best Smart DNS Service
There are different smart DNS service providers currently on the market. Due such a wide range, you might be confused when it comes to choosing the right one for your needs. Without a doubt, smartDNSproxy.com is currently the best in the market. Even the name itself says it all. Just head over to the website, and choose between the trial or the paid version, depending on your preferences. As for the paid version, there are numerous affordable options to choose from, including:
– 1 month plan for $4.90
– 3 months for $12.90, which gives you a 12% discount
– 12 months for $34.90, with a 40% discount
– 24 months for $49.90, giving you a 57% discount
When you choose the trial period, you can use the service for 14 days, absolutely free. After the 14 days are over, you can then upgrade to the paid version. This smart DNS proxy review, will provide you with additional information about this service.
Smart DNS for PS4
PS4 is a top-notch games console from Sony, which provides all-round entertainment. It allows users to listen to music, watch DVDs and most importantly play video games. Additionally, it comes with a wide range of streaming media apps, which include the likes of Amazon Instant Video, Netflix, WWE Network and YouTube.
However, some of these services can only be accessed by users from certain parts of the world. These services detect your IP address, then determine what content to offer. Smart DNS proxies help to overcome these restrictions. If you use a smart DNS service with a PS4, you will be able to access that content.
Smart DNS proxies enable you to bypass regional restrictions, and enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows, and music, from popular streaming websites. They provide fast streaming speeds, without altering the quality of the content.